Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Health & Safety Officer | £40k per annum | Grimsby | Full Time, Permanent Your new roleA new and exclusive opportunity from Hays for an experienced Health & Safety Officer based in Grimsby for a growth Manufacturing business. As Health & Safety Officer, you would report to the Compliance Manager, you will play a key role in developing, supporting and encouraging high standards of Health, Safety and Welfare compliance in all site activities and ensure compliance with company and statutory requirements. Key Duties Include:
- Develop and improve all aspects of Occupational Health & Safety control & key risk control systems, ensuring adherence to OHS policies and procedures on site
- Responsible for the management of the site ISO45001 Standard
- Ensure the business Health & Safety management system is aligned with the corporate safety systems
- Responsible for driving through communication, knowledge, training and other of Health & Safety activities throughout the business to maintain a strong Health & Safety culture
- Setting site health & safety KPIs, monitoring progress, analysing trends, identifying improvement areas and communicating performance
- Key member of the site Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) committee
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating Health & Safety legislation updates
- Responsible for the management of customer product compliance assessments
- Be involved in and co-ordinate any Health & Safety external regulatory bodies visits and inspections
- Carries out internal and external system audits, inspections and investigations
- Liaises with external bodies (HSE)
- Defines and implements the business Risk Assessment program
- Liaises with staff and contractors to ensure Health & Safety information, training and procedures are effectively communicated, maintained and implemented
- Identifies site wide Health & Safety training requirements
- Provides technical expertise and professional guidance to line management in managing Health & Safety programs.
What you’ll need to succeed
- NEBOSH National Certificate for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
- ISO 45001 system management experience
- Trained Internal 45001 Auditor
- Experience of implementing & managing Health & Safety requirements in an industrial environment
- Effective Communicator
- Experience of delivering Health & Safety training within the workplace.
What you’ll get in returnSalary up to £40,000 per annumMonday – Friday, day based roleCompetitive employer pension contribution Annual employee bonus Healthcare cash back scheme Free, onsite parkingWhat you need to do nowIf you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.