REED Further Education are working closely with a College in Grimsby who require an IT Sytems Administrator on a full time permanent basis.
ROLE TITLE: IT Systems Administrator
REPORTING TO: IT Manager
LOCATION: Grimsby APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent. Full Time, 37 hours per week
To support the IT manager in the installation, upgrade, support and maintenance of the college’s IT systems, network and services.To provide outstanding IT and network support for both the teaching & learning, and service & support areas of the college. To contribute to IT projects and stand in for the IT Manager when required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Delivering outstanding IT Services support for all devices and software on the college network including; PCs, Macs, Laptops, Printers, AV equipment (including Projectors & Interactive Boards), Telephones, Digital Signage, Tablets, Phones and any other network attached device.
2. Assist with the support and maintenance for the College’s physical and virtual servers (VMWare). Manage systems using configuration tools, including Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Intune and Group Policy.
3. To assist in the development, planning and implementation of IT related projects, including modernising current network services and migration to cloud services.
4. Ensure that systems are implemented in line with current Cyber Essentials requirements.
5. Administration and troubleshooting of Cloud systems, such as Exchange Online, Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams.
6. Work with the team to ensure that critical security updates and firmware are applied to all Operating Systems, Software and Devices in the required timeframe.
7. Maintain and implement Firewall rules and web filtering policies. Configure network devices, including TCP/IP, VLAN & 802.1x.
8. Supporting online learning and online working systems e.g. Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams & Microsoft 365.
9. To assist with any new IT systems including alterations to existing network wiring to accommodate new systems, ensuring as far as possible that there is no disruption of normal usage.
10. Take a lead role in setting up, configuring and maintaining the College’s 360 Immersive classroom and content.
11. To help staff and students with the use of the college’s IT systems and software.
12. Transporting and setup of IT equipment around the college as and when required, observing health and safety regulations and practices at all times.
13. To assist in the maintenance of an up to date inventory of College hardware / software and to log and attend to faults and resolve issues as they arise in accordance with procedures specified by the college.
14. To assist with the development of user guides, manuals and other help guides and ensure that all IT users are fully informed of services available.
15. To share in the provision of a responsive reprographics service for the College and any external clients as required.
16. Contribute to safeguarding and PREVENT at all times to ensure the safety and security of and identifying all young people and vulnerable adults who are in contact with the College, with a commitment to safeguarding the welfare of these individuals and protecting them from any potential harm.
17. Work to promote and contribute to the College’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) policies and practices
18. To follow best practice and College policy in all areas of work including health and safety.
19. To work flexibly throughout the College business cycle to ensure all operational aspects of the IT function are managed effectively, undertaking any other duties as required by the College.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.