To manage the project planning requirement for a sizeable modular fabrication and construction project.
To support the Project Manager and other identified stakeholders with progress reporting through utilisation of Primavera P6, in developing and maintenance of schedules including resource management, project performance metrices, lookaheads, and improvement.
The Planner will have a construction bias, and will use – amongst other things – site-based knowledge and measurements in assessing progress to the project plan.
Main Accountabilities & Competencies:
* Prepare project schedules using Primavera P6 software to develop, maintain and closing out plans in accordance to framework requirement.
* Able to integrate subcontractors’ schedule into the integrated master schedule, Deliver the plans with a clear work breakdown structure (WBS), structured in appropriate levels (L1 to L4) as defined by the project, Prepare and support the project manager in preparation of high-level pipeline plans to enable and identify key deliverables, deadlines, and resources for the next phasing of the work.
* Fully apply appropriate logical relationships to the tasks or activities to ensure that the project plans are realistic and can be deliver on time, Adept in managing and maintaining the contract schedule. If required, able to provide recovery schedule, ‘what-if’ plans to provide additional options during project delivery.
* Fully resource loading the project schedule to enable the utilisation of the principles of earned value management for project performance including capturing productivity and enable forecasting to e determined and communicate this to key stakeholders.
* Prepare and issue planning reports in regular intervals but not limited to updated schedule, milestones plan, rolling lookaheads, S-curves, critical path, float paths, performance and schedule variances, resource allocation forecast chart, as per the framework requirement.
* Identify near critical and critical activities in the plans and able to communicate this to the project manager and project leads (engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning) to take the right course of actions.
* Maintain full resource management and report to management critical and non-critical resources availability, unavailability and forecast requirements, Assists project services manager in providing schedule based earned value, any variations and support any extension of time (EOT) claim as per company procedures and report this to the project manager.
* Proactive in managing client interfaces including with other parties such as third parties, nominated subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, and authorities, Record keeping of as-built schedule and planning reports to enable utilisation of historical data for future projects and establishment of baseline improvements, based on a range of data sources, including regular site progress assessments.
* Extensive project planning experience in mechanical, process, energy, chemicals, petrochemicals, and industry sectors, Demonstratable site-based experience.
* Advanced user of planning software in accordance with company policy and procedures, Adequate experience in administering multi-disciplined projects, Good understanding of different forms of contracts, Appropriate experience on site-based supervision.
* Good communicator, with the ability to communicate clear and precise information to both internal and externals stakeholders, Knowledge of client permit systems, critical inspections, and test procedures.
* Able to provide the schedule updates in good time to enable key stakeholders to have the information to take actions, Advanced user of Microsoft office, Willing to travel to both office and client sites as required.
* Achievement of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, as set by your line manager from time-to-time, Satisfied clients, both internal and/or external, Timely completion of work, Quality of work, Adherence to relevant processes, procedures, and Policies.
* Professionalism, Integrity, Trust, Team Spirit,Caring.
Commercial & Risk:
* Inform project manager / line manager of potential risks identified in a timely manner, Work within allocated CTR or allocated hours where applicable.
* Demonstrate clear understating of relevant commercial and budgetary landscape, Work to agreed plans, using initiative to identify improvements/savings, Function as an ambassador for the Company, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients.
* To attend meetings and forums, representing the Company, Forge links and establish communication with relevant colleagues and other stakeholders.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality:
* Inform line/project manager of potential project risks identified in a timely manner, Working within the Company’s ISO9001:2008 quality systems, Responsible for own safety at work.
* Consideration to be given to others in working environment., Adhere to Company and client health and safety procedures.
* Comply with – and work to – relevant procedures, policies, processes, and standards, to meet the required level of quality in all outputs, Zero non-conformances to all Company, client, and project specific quality and safety plans, Adherence to PPE requirements, where applicable.
* Keep up to date with latest industry and functional standards, technology, and norms, Be familiar with all relevant systems, A good understanding of the availability and use of all relevant electronic tools and software.
* Full awareness and understanding of relevant legislation and standards, and their practical application, Awareness and understanding of all relevant Company Policies, processes, and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* The role is required to have a formal UK qualification in project planning, Minimum of a HNC in a related field, Extensive experience in a construction-based project planning role, Leadership experience.
* People skills, Honesty, integrity, and reliability,Solid written and verbal communication skills, High diligence.
* Organisational skills, Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, Research skills, Analytical skills, Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Good presentation skills (PowerPoint).Understanding of data privacy standards
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.