DAF Trucks UK
Here at Motus Commercials we’re proud to employ great colleagues who are passionate about their roles. When looking for the right role, we recognise everyone has different needs, considerations, and aspirations. So no matter who you are, what you need or where you’re going, Motus Commercials wants to be part of your future.
Motus Commercials is an approved DAF Commercial Vehicle dealership located in Grimsby and is on the lookout for a dedicated and knowledgeable Commercial Vehicle Service Manager for our dealership which boasts a turnover of 1,500 sold hours per month and 25 MOT’s per month with an average pass rate of 98.3%
As our new Service manager, you will oversee our Brilliant Team which will see you working Monday to Friday 8.30am – 17.30pm with alternate Saturdays 8.00am – 13.00pm within our approved DAF dealership.
This role carries an OTE of up to £48.125!!
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money, matched up to 8%
- BUPA Medical Insurance – For you and your loved ones
- Life Assurance 2 x salary – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Vehicle purchase discount – Our sister Company Pentagon Motor Group provide colleague and family discount to all Motus colleagues.
- Company vehicle – for personal and private use
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously at Motus Commercials, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role at Motus Commercials and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – at Motus Commercials we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – At Motus Commercials we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us at Motus Commercials.
As a Service Manager at Motus Commercials in Grimsby we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Brilliant leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Clear vision in achieving business goals.
- An ability to motivate and inspire team members to exceed targets.
- An ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both colleagues and customers.
- An understanding of the demands of the role and the time and attention needed to produce impressive results.
- A good eye for detail in recognising opportunities to help drive forward the succession of the Service business.
- A methodical approach to work.
- An ability to perform well under pressure.
- HGV and/or Car licence
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Knowledge of Kerridge systems
Main duties will be:
As a Motus Commercials Service Manager, you will be responsible for proactively leading the efficient operation of the Service department, to deliver inspirational service to all our customers both internal and external and ensuring that we deliver the financial plan for the Service business.
- Managing a Team of 10 Commercial Vehicle Technicians, 2 Commercial Vehicle Apprentices, 1 Service Receptionists and 1 Service Administrator.
- Ensuring the relationship between Service reception and Workshop Control is developed to lead the continual improvement of customer demand and service levels.
- Strengthening and developing long term customer and franchise partner relationships.
- Working with the Aftersales Executive to develop opportunities to grow the Service business.
- To review, coach and develop the Service team and to ensure all our trainees have a dedicated training programme and/or mentor in place. As well as completing appraisals to direct reporting staff.
- Ensuring the compliance of the Financial Control Policy in relation to all service areas.
- Ensuring MOT pass rates are in line or exceed company benchmarks.
- Keeping up to date with all manufacturer’s bulletins and information ensuring the updates are relayed to the relevant staff in a a timely manner.
- Working together with the Dealership Marketing team to identify opportunities to increase revenue streams.
- Making sure our Company Code of Conduct for customers, suppliers and staff is adhered to at all times and maintaining the company’s Integrity and Transparency policy.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of customer service, dealing with all business issues in a professional and timely manner.
- To respect the property of the Company and any property for which the Company is responsible, or which is in their care.
- To assist with general housekeeping duties required within the service reception area.
- To enjoy your time as a Brilliant Colleaguewithin Motus Commercials.
As a business Motus Commercials love to recognise and celebrate excellent performance and we now need a DAF Service Manager who can proactively lead the efficient operation of the service team for our joint ongoing success.
Together We Make a Difference and it is our ambition to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Should you wish to apply and be part of the Brilliant Team at Motus Commercials you can text MOTUS GRI to 66777, apply via the system and you can be assured your application will be acknowledged in a timely manner.
Did you know that 98% of white goods are moved on the back of a Commercial Vehicle in the UK……another reason to be Proud of joining our Brilliant team here at Motus Commercials.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.